Due to a positive COVID test, the library is closed. Please check Facebook or this webpage for updates. Feel free to still return items. Thank you for your support and stay well.
Because of the four day quarantine, your record may indicate that your returned items are still out. Thank you for your patience as we resolve any issues.
Fall Leaves Theme https://www.facebook.com/camlibrary/videos/406726200725763
Take and Make bags with Story Break theme are temporarily suspended.
Halloween StoryWalk® 10/10/2020-11/9/2020
Enjoy a story while walking around Cambridge. Available 24/7 and the route even includes Westside Park! At the Old Haunted House by Helen Ketteman and illustrated by Nate Wragg is a fun fall book.
“The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson
Thanks to Beyond the Page, Wisconsin's Most Haunted Locations with Chad Lewis will be posted to our website and Facebook pages 10/13/20 through the end of the month. This is an adult program.
Here's an activity for all ages! All you need is yourself and a chair. A big thanks to Tiffany, wellness instructor at Fort HealthCare, for making exercise fun!
- While we are open for limited hours and services we are strongly encouraging patrons to use our drive through window service to pick-up their holds and other materials. We will continue to help you with this over the phone, 423-3900 or via e-mail to email@example.com. Please remember that materials on your record that say they are "in transit” once they arrive here they have to be quarantined for at least four days before they are available.
- Please bring your faxes and any copies you need made to the drive thru window and we will be glad to help you.
- Our WI-FI patio and free WI-FI capabilities will continue to be open.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the library to 10 at any given time. This number will include the number of staff we have on hand.
- Please call 423-3900 to set-up an appointment to use a computer. There will be a one hour limit and a limited amount of computers available for use.
- Available for immediate check-out will be high-demand and new materials in a variety of formats. Pre-selected Grab Bag style stacks of picture books, juvenile fiction and non-fiction and YA materials will be available to check out.
- There will be a table for reading the newspapers. One person per table please
Computer time will be limited to one hour when there are people waiting. You may call or email to reserve a time.
- No charge for rental items.
- Returning to normal 28, 14, and 7 day due dates. No fines will be charged for late items due to having to be quarantined. Materials will be dated the day we take them out of the return and when checked in the date will be back dated to the day they arrived here.
Pre-cautionary measures being taken.
- We strongly encourage everyone entering to wear a mask. Staff will wear masks if stepping out from behind the counter or whenever they feel the need.
- We strongly encourage the social distancing rule. We have made accommodations to help you maintain that.
- Minimal seating will be available. Certain areas of the library will be limited to staff only.
- Please bring your library card. As much as possible you will be scanning your card and your items for check-out.
- We are taking steps to safeguard our patrons and staff, including shielding at service desks, cleaning of “touch points”, restrooms, and computer areas.
- Sanitizer and wipes will be available, the restrooms are open for use. The water fountain at this time is not available.
- Materials returned have to be set aside to quarantine for at least 4 days.
- We will be consistently reviewing our procedures and how things are working, and may make adjustments as needed. This could include closing inside usage again if there is a resurgence of the virus in our area.
WE THANK-YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS
OverDrive (Libby) https://wplc.overdrive.com/
OverDrive Read is a browser-based eBook reader that works on most computers, tablets, and mobile devices running web browsers with HTML5 support. This is available for Dane County residents with a Cambridge Community Library card. For Jefferson County residents, that hold a Cambridge Community Library card, please call the Library at 608-423-3900 for more information.
Winter Emergency Opening and Closing Guidelines
The Cambridge Library determines their winter emergency opening and closing procedures by using the Cambridge School District’s determination as a guide.
It is highly recommended that on any days the school is affected by the weather the library may be also. Please call the Cambridge Community Library (423-3900) before venturing out to the library whenever the school district is closed or opening late due to road conditions.
Safety first – if the weather man has highly suggested staying off the roads, please call to see if we are open.
If it is a story hour day (Wednesday or Friday) and there is no school or the buses run late, there will be no story time.
Your Library Staff thanks you for understanding the need to possibly open later or close early due to inclement weather.
LINKcat Mobile app
The LINKcat Mobile app vendor, LibraryThing, has added several fixes to the app that are designed to address the problems with accessing and using the app. If patrons continue to experience any issues with the app, have the patron clear the settings in the app (instructions below). The patron may have followed these steps in the past, but please ask them to run through clearing the settings one more time:
1. In the upper right hand corner, click the "hamburger" (either three lines or three dots) and select "Clear all settings."
2. Then click the "Clear" button to set the app back to "factory settings."
3. Then have the patron log into their account on the app again.
If patrons continue to experience problems with the LINKcat Mobile app, please have them report the following information:
1. Type of device used (ex. iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy s8).
2. Operating system, including version (ex. iOS 13.3, Android 8.1.0).
3. Detailed description of the problem: For example, is the patron getting an error message? If so, what is the error message and when was it received (approximate time and date)? When does the patron get the error message (ex. when logging in, searching, etc.)? If there's no error message, what happens to prevent the patron from using the app?
Outside book return is open.
Temporary Drive-Up Transaction Window Hours
-Dates and times subject to change.
-Drive-up return is open 24 hours.